Saturday, April 8, 2017

Saturday's Tiddler ride








Greetings from a place we cannot recommend you stay overnight, the Avi Casino and Hotel in Ft Mohave.  A one star place if there ever was one ;).  Tonight's excitement is mixed martial arts wrestling at the hotel, so a huge number of excited people, and you can imagine they are generally pretty unusual looking, have been streaming in all afternoon.  Alas I could not take photos.  Stu and I decided on a brilliant new product idea:   A new type of tattoo ink that fades after 10 years or the first 100 pounds gained.  Pretty great idea yes?

Back to the topic...the ride was excellent. I am estimating 15 old and interesting vintage bikes.  We went up the hill toward Oatman then down the hill into Kingman for lunch.  The term tiddler means small bike and the goal today was for the bikes to be under 30 hp.  Our bike was bigger so that I could come along too.   We stopped at a tourist trap restaurant in Kingman for lunch.  Stu and I decided to come back the fast way so parted company with the group.  We were back by 3:30 and finished up the day putting the bike back in the truck.

On a separate side track, I went to buy bottled water and the only spring water available was from Iceland.  Photo attached so that my niece Adelaide, currently living in Iceland, can see the bottle.  How it makes financial sense to bottle water in Iceland and ship it to Fort Mohave, Nevada is one of the world's great mysteries.

Oatman was full of tourists and only three burros, so the ratio wasn't great and we didn't stop ;)

Overall the people on the ride were friendly, the weather was excellent and the ride beautiful.  All we could ask.  Plus we have seen hundreds of super weird looking wrestling fans. ;)
















No comments:

Post a Comment